Meetings & Probation
Club Council is made up of one executive member from each club, the ULSU VP Student Affairs and a minute taker, when necessary. Attendance at Club Council meetings are mandatory. In the event that an executive member cannot attend, a delegate member from the club may attend in their place. If no member of the club is able to attend, a club is required to give notice of the absence to the ULSU VP Student Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) 48 hours prior to the meeting that they will be absent for.
Club Council Meetings
Clubs Council is made up of one executive member from each club, the ULSU VP Student Affairs and a minute taker. Club’s Council meets once a month to go over important information, share club activity reports, approve items on the agenda, listen to presentations, etc. It is the attending members responsibility to share this information with the rest of the Club Executive &/or members of the Club as necessary. The ULSU VP Student Affairs will create a mass e-mail list with the Club President’s address of each club and through this each club and the VP Student Affairs can communicate and send out meeting reminders.
Attendance at Clubs Council is mandatory. In the event that an executive member cannot attend, a delegate member from the club may attend in their place. If no member of the club is able to attend Clubs Council, notice of the absence shall be given to the ULSU VP Student Affairs 48 hours prior to the Clubs Council meeting that they will be absent for, and there is valid confirmation that a non member of the club can attend. The reason for the absence then requires approval of the ULSU VP Student Affairs. If advance notice is not received, or the reason for the absence is deemed unacceptable, then the absence shall be considered an unexcused absence. A club with two unexcused absences will immediately be put on probation.
The Clubs Council meeting schedule will be posted on the ULSU website on the club event calendar at
www.ulsu.ca. Ratified clubs should have a member check the club mailbox regularly to ensure that the club membership is informed of upcoming meetings and activities. (The club mailbox is located just inside of the Students’ Union Office, Room SU180).
A club may have one (1) unexcused absence for Clubs Council meetings.
- A club will automatically be put on probation during Clubs Council for a second unexcused absence.
- Probation will result in the loss of Club privileges, including but not limited to applying for Club Funding and free booking of rooms and tables. Clubs will still be covered under ULSU insurance, allowing for sanctioned events to be held.
- A club on Probation will also lose their right to vote at Clubs Council, and will be treated as a nonvoting member. This means the club will not count towards quorum at future Clubs Council meetings.
- A club that is on Probation will be required to attend the next Clubs Council meeting and appeal for re-instatement of privileges. If Clubs Council grants re-instatement, the club will be re-instated immediately.
- If a club on Probation fails to appeal their Probation at the next properly convened Clubs Council meeting, they will be immediately brought forth for de-ratification to the Clubs Council.
- Should a club be up for Probation a second time, they will be brought forth for de-ratification to the Clubs Council