Note: Clubs can only receive one grant per event
Grants provide an opportunity for clubs to host special events for their membership and the student body at-large, attend a conference, go on educational excursions, or to purchase relevant and necessary club supplies. Club & Start-up Grants are intended to promote the purpose of the clubs, increase club membership and recognize the Students’ Union and the University of Lethbridge.
Club Grants: Maximum of $250/semester - APPLY HERE
Start-up Grants: Maximum $200 during 1st year of start-up - APPLY HERE
(A club is not considered newly constituted if it resembles, in any way, a pre-existing club)
Club Travel & Conference Grants: 25% of total expenses, not exceeding $1,000. If outside of North America maximum is $1,500. Maximum of 2 grants/academic year - APPLY HERE
Quality Initiative Program - Grants: This is a one-time grant not to exceed $10,000 - Contact the VP Operations & Finance regarding your application at email@example.com. Form & proceedure download HERE
- Read the ULSU Funding policy pertaining to the type of grant being requested.
- Applications must be submitted no later than 5 days prior to the event.
- Create a letter of Intent, a complete detailed budget of all costs, proof of an active BMO account, proof of registration (if going to a conference).
- Submit the online application form and attach documents listed in #3 above.
- Your application will be put on the agenda for approval at the next Executive Council meeting.
- The VP Operations & Finance will contact you with the results of the meeting. If your application is approved, a cheque will be made available for pick-up within 5 business days.
- The ULSU may request a follow-up report, including receipts, once a Grant has been approved.
- Grants may not be used for the purchase of alcohol.
- For Club Grants - all U of L students must be invited to attend the function.
- Allocation of any Grant is subject to the Students’ Union approval and the availability of funds.
- Grants will be given only for events or purchases that occur within the current academic year.